Submitting Level III credit card data can substantially reduce interchange rates and fees on Purchasing, GSA, Business, or Corporate credit card transactions.
Submitting Level 3 card data is fairly complex and requires the use of specialized point-of-sale systems. Detailed statement analysis is recommended to determine if Level III card data submission is right for your business. Level II card data is relatively simple and can be submitted using most conventional point-of-sale terminals, payment gateways, and software products.
Please see below for interchange cost comparisons between Level I, Level II, Level III, and Level III Large Ticket Interchange categories.
- 2.65% + $0.10: Purchasing CNP
- 2.40% + $0.10: Purchasing Retail
- 2.10% + $0.10: Purchasing B2B
- 2.05% + $0.10: Level II Data Rate
- 1.95% + $0.10: Purchasing Level III
- 1.45% + $35.00: Large Ticket
- 1.95% + $0.10: Corporate Level III
Purchasing Large Ticket Sales Amounts must be over $6,980.
- 2.65% + $0.10: Data Rate I
- 2.50% + $0.10: Data Rate II – Fleet
- 2.40% + $0.10: Data Rate II – Purch
- 2.20% + $0.10: Data Rate II – Business
- 2.15% + $0.10: Data Rate II – Corp
- 2.05% + $0.10: Data Rate II – Petro
- 1.80% + $0.10: Data Rate III
- 1.25% + $40.00: Large Ticket
Large Ticket Sales Amounts must be over $7,255.00
MasterCard has several other Level III Card Data Rates and Large Ticket Interchange Categories, including Enhanced, World Business, and World Elite Business.